There is a lot of fear about the use of cortisone when treating eczema. Cortisone is a very effective form of treatment for mild to moderate eczema. It is however important to follow a few rules when using it.
- Never use cortisone without a doctors advice when you are pregnant or under 10 years old
- Never use cortisone more than twice a day for seven days
- Never use cortisone on broken skin
- Never use cortisone unless you fully understand the directions for use instructions. If in doubt consult your doctor or pharmacist
- Never apply cortisone thickly. A thin layer is all that is necessary