We all know what it is like to have eczema or to live with someone who has eczema. And we all know how difficult it can be to keep the condition under control.
Here are some helpful hints that you can do around the home to help minimise eczema:
- Use cotton covers on vinyl or leather seats (car seats, kitchen chairs, sofas) to help reduce itching, sweating and dust mites.
- Use cotton bedding and avoid woolen or synthetic blankets and bedspreads.
- Wash all bedding in hot water regularly.
- Keep rooms well ventilated, especially during summer to avoid sweating.
- Avoid a smoky environment – do not smoke cigarettes inside, and avoid unflued wood, gas or kerosene heaters.
- Keep bedrooms cool and dry to minimise house dust mites.
- Keep humidity levels constant – not to high, not too low.
- Do not have a sandpit. Sand at the beach is much cleaner.