Psoriasis comes in varying degrees of severity and therefore requires a range of differing treatments to control its symptoms.
Below are some simple tips that may help you to control your psoriasis regardless of its severity or your treatment regime.
- Almost 50% of psoriasis sufferers will develop psoriasis of the fingernails where the nail appears pitted and an accumulation of dead cells will cause the nail to lift. Take extra care of your nails to help prevent damage and infection.
- Try to become involved in outdoor activities where you are exposed to the sun. This is not only beneficial for your psoriasis but also therapeutic for the mind.
- Apply psoriasis treating creams after the skin has been moisturised as the skin will be more receptive to them.
- Stress is a major trigger of psoriasis. Taking time out of your busy routine each day to do something purely for your self is often a very relaxing way to reduce stress.
- Vitamin D is known to help control the symptoms of psoriasis. The best form of vitamin D is natural sunlight. Be careful when out in the sun to take adequate precautions to ensure that you do not become sunburnt as sunburn can cause a flare up of psoriasis.